Peptides refer to chains or strings of amino acids which are the building blocks that form proteins in the human body. Moreover, peptides induce and stimulate collagen and elastin formation and growth.
Basic Facts About Peptides
- Peptides are complex and highly efficient communicators that tell the skin how to address a specific issue properly.
- On their own, peptides are very fragile, unstable ingredients which is why they are lab-engineered to have positive impact on the skin
- It will take an army of peptides to win the war against multiple skin problems but each ‘designer’ peptide can be specifically formulated to activate the skin to do a better job
What Peptides Do For Your Skin
1. Smoothen wrinkles and helps with firmness
2. Enhances hydration and moisture retention by strengthening the skin’s barrier
3. Weakens the appearance of dark spots, uneven patches, and forms of hyperpigmentation
Image from aminogenesis blog
Who should and shouldn’t use peptide-infused skincare products?
Anyone who desires to have a more youthful-looking skin! It is a skincare must-have for women beyond 30s and 40s but can also be used by those within their 20s as a preventative measure. If you are pregnant, lactating, or has more problematic skin type, consult a medical professional first before using any product containing peptide ingredients.
Types of Peptides as Skincare Ingredients
1. Signaling Peptides: When skin is injured, signaling peptides compels the skin tissue to begin the healing process.
2. Enzyme-Inhibitor Peptides: They act directly or indirectly to block certain enzymes that can degrade skin tissues
3. Carrier Peptides: They organize trace elements that are crucial for wound healing and for allowing older cells to behave like younger cells.
4. Neurotransmitter-Inhibitor Peptides: They are responsible for muscle relaxation to minimize the appearance of laugh lines, crow’s feet, and other forms of wrinkles
5. Antimicrobial Peptides: They block causes of inflammation and irritation that activates skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea.
You deserve a beauty that glows this New Year. Let TEI SPA BEAUTY provide you with the best skin care products that won’t just pamper your skin in luxury but will ensure it will stay youthful looking and radiantly beautiful.